Clubmark & Badminton Silver Club Accreditation Certificates presented to Tees Valley Clubs at Local Junior Tournament.
Three local Badminton Clubs have received both their Sport England Clubmark Accreditation and BADMINTON England Silver Club Accreditation Certificates.
Vicky Foster, BADMINTON England Regional Development Manager – North, carried out the presentations at the Junior Badminton Tournament held at Thornaby Pavilion on 9/10 April.
The three Clubs, Brierton Community Sports Centre Badminton Club, Marske Badminton Club and Thornaby Pavilion Junior Badminton Club join Guisborough Westgate Junior Badminton Club, Marske Junior Badminton Club and Acklam Badminton Club, to make a total of six Clubs in the Tees Valley Area who have now gained this very important status. The area is leading the way in the Badminton England Accreditation Programme as there are only seven other clubs in the rest of the country who have gained these awards.
The main drivers behind each of the recent applications were Dave Knights (Marske Badminton Club Development Officer and Head Coach), Sheila Boyes (Thornaby Pavilion Junior Badminton Club Treasurer and Head Coach) and Tony Evans (Brierton Community Sports Centre Badminton Club Treasurer and Head Coach).
One of the main benefits of gaining Clubmark is that it lets parents know that the Club follows best practice in a number of key areas. These are: -
· A continuing safe environment for children to play in.
· A team of Badminton Association of England qualified coaches, dedicated to continue to develop their knowledge of the sport.
· A structure for children to learn and develop new skills in badminton.
· Encourages club membership and with it a route for progression, enjoyment and improved fitness.
· Develops & promotes volunteers who are suitably trained and checked for their suitability to work with children.
For more information on Clubs involved with Junior Players click here
From left – Dave Knights, Sheila Boyes, Vicky Foster and Tony Evans